King William’s College and The Buchan School’s Open Day will be held on Bank Holiday Monday 1st May. This event is held on a normal school day.
Tours of The Buchan School and The Buchan Nursery are at 10am and of King William’s College at 2.30pm.
The Buchan School – Age 2 to 11 – TOURS AT 10AM
The preparatory years of schooling provide the foundation on which the building blocks of education, learning creativity and curiosity are developed.
We aim, through small class sizes, specialist subject teaching, individual support and a wide and varied extracurricular programme, to make this foundation as strong as possible.
Why choose The Buchan School?
- Superb facilities in over 13 acres of private grounds.
- Average class size of 15.
- Specialist subject teachers across the curriculum.
- Exceptional level of pastoral care and learning support.
- Strong focus on personal development – behaviour, articulacy, confidence and imagination.
- Extensive and varied extracurricular programme.
- French taught from Reception upwards, with Spanish, Mandarin, German and Latin also offered.
- Specialist Music, Art and Drama tuition.
- Proud history of sporting achievements both on and off Island.
- Preparation for Common Entrance examinations.
- Breakfast and after-school clubs from 8am to 5.30pm and holiday clubs.
King William’s College – Age 11 to 18 – TOURS AT 2.30PM
We have a proud history going back nearly 200 years, but what we value above all is being a strong, friendly community. As the only independent school on the Island we provide parents with choice and seek to offer an education that is distinctive and of the highest quality.
Why choose King William’s College?
- The highest achieving Isle of Man School.
- One of the most established and successful IB schools in the British Isles with success in Oxbridge and global university placements.
- Pupils study the International Baccalaureate Diploma in the Sixth Form. Entry requirement: six IGCSEs grade C or above.
- An international environment with students from more than 20 different countries.
- Varied and extensive extracurricular programme.
- (I)GCSE results 2022: Our 62 GCSE/IGSCE Year 11 students achieved an overall pass rate (9-4 or A*-C) of 91% with 49% of grades at 9-7 or A*/A.
- IB results 2022: The year group of 46 students achieved an average of 33 points. Seven students achieved 40 or more points out of a maximum of 45, putting them in the top 5% of students worldwide.
- Average class size: 15 (IGCSE) and 10 (IB)
- Excellent pastoral care and learning support in a small, strong community.
- Chance to try boarding and gain experience of living away from home before going to university.
Means-tested financial assistance is available. For further information please contact 820110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.